cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrfunk
Helper III
Helper III

PowerBi Flow Fails to Update Dataset for PowerApp

Hello!! I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me with a Flow that at one time worked, but is no longer?

I have created a PowerApp where I have participants fill out a form. That data is collected in a SharePoint list, which is then the source for some PowerBi reports! I need to show these PowerBi reports within my PowerApp as well! So, I was able to use the PowreBi tiles in my PowerApp, but the biggest issue that I was having was that I wanted my PowerBi tiles to update after someone fills out a form/adds new data. I was able to follow this video by Daniel Christian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsM8TVr0UH8. I also created a Flow where if a new item in SharePoint is added, it should then refresh my datasource. This was working at one point, but is now giving me lots of issues? I attached the error that I see in PowerApps, as well as the error that I see in my Flow. Does anyone see where I am going wrong? 

PowerApps error: (is it asking for JSON data?)

Mrfunk_0-1628777318468.png

My Flow, and then the error that I get: 

Mrfunk_1-1628777318480.png

Mrfunk_2-1628777318610.png

2 REPLIES 2
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mrfunk , 

It seems your flow tried to update the Dataset more than 8 times in a single day. There is a limitation of 8 refresh per day if you try to do more than 8 refresh the flow will fail. If you want to refresh more than 8 times please consider upgrading the license. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mrfunk ,

Just to touch base is your issue fixed ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,227)