Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JakeG
Level: Powered On

Powerapp Chart Question

Hello all,

I have been building some statistics into an app that I build a while ago and was wondering if it was possible to create/modify onSelect functionality for the wedges/bars of the charts. Ex: If I click on the wedge of a chart, I want something to happen. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Re: Powerapp Chart Question

You can reference the Selected property of the chart in a control outside of it. For example, in the app below:

ForumPost001.png

The Text property of the label is set to

PieChart1.Selected.City

If you want to show the name only after a user selects a wedge in the chart, then you can use the OnSelect property of the chart, and set a variable with the current selection.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Power Apps Staff CarlosFigueira
Power Apps Staff

Re: Powerapp Chart Question

You can reference the Selected property of the chart in a control outside of it. For example, in the app below:

ForumPost001.png

The Text property of the label is set to

PieChart1.Selected.City

If you want to show the name only after a user selects a wedge in the chart, then you can use the OnSelect property of the chart, and set a variable with the current selection.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,943)