cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eclectic211
Frequent Visitor

Powerapp Collection showing rows but no data

I'm attempting to load a collection from a datasource in the application.   I am getting the correct number of rows, and the fields are correct, but there is no data.  

What's weird is the row count is correct, so I know it's seeing the datasource and filtering correctly.

I read several threads about the data not being loaded at the time, so I put a button in to try doing it that way with the same result.

Eclectic211_0-1656436728403.png

Eclectic211_1-1656436780429.png

ClearCollect(lastUserEntries, Distinct(Filter('Labor Allocation', ActuallyCreatedBy = User().Email, Date >= DateAdd(Today(),-10,Days)), Resource));

Eclectic211_2-1656436837802.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Eclectic211 

The use of the Distinct() function here is causing your problem.  Distinct(datasource,ColumnName) reduces the datasource table to a single column of unique values from the column name and renames the column "Result".  Your collection, lastUserEntries, will consist of one column of unique Resources named "Result". 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Eclectic211 

The use of the Distinct() function here is causing your problem.  Distinct(datasource,ColumnName) reduces the datasource table to a single column of unique values from the column name and renames the column "Result".  Your collection, lastUserEntries, will consist of one column of unique Resources named "Result". 

It was a little of both, the collection was initialized for a different object, so I was also trying to put a square peg in a round hole.  Thank you for the help..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,134)