cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Powerapp Data visibility after submission

Hello All,

I have created a powerapp utilized for data submission and data update using a single screen page with onedrive as a backend in excel file. So, when a user opens it and select his LOC then he/she can see the last submitted data and can further update it. It is working properly fine at our end (India) and at user end also; however, few times we are getting issue where users complains of not seeing any data in App which is previously submitted. While other user can see it 😞 Any issue which you guy can identify

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapp Data visibility after submission

HI @yck123 ,

Please consider run your app in a good Network condition, then check if the issue could be fixed.

Also please consider take a try with the following performance tips for canvas app, then the performance of your canvas app could be improved:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

If the solution I provided above could help in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Usually in submitting data  to excel, the user must close his connection in onedrive before the submission would be completed. With this, the current record should reflect in powerapps. I also suggest adding a refresh to the excel connection in powerapps.

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much for your reply. As per my understanding, " Close his connection with one drive" means one drive should not be opened while submitting or updating the data. So, yes, I have ensured that it is not opened considering it might effect the write functionality of data in excel sheet using powerapp. I have provided a refresh button at top also but Powerapp behaves very abnormally few times only while other times it works perfectly fine when it is opened again. One Powerppuser told me that Powerapp does not work properly in case if it is opened for long time and then you tried to perform any action using it (Not Very Sure)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yck123 ,

Do you mean that the submitted data from your canvas app could not be synced to your Excel table (hosted in your OneDrive folder)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure the Excel table connection is valid in your canvas app. You could consider re-create a new connection to your Excel table from your app, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please make sure these end users have enough permission to access your Excel table. And ask them do not open the Excel file in web browser when they want to submit data back to the Excel table.

Set the OnSuccess property of the Edit form to following:

Refresh('Excel Table');
Back()

when the Edit form data submitted successfully, the above OnSuccess Event would be fired, then your data source would be refreshed in your app.

Also please make sure the Network state in your end users' side is in good condition, the Network status would also affect the data submission in PowerApps app.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, On canvas App I have been facing this issue. However, I also feel it could be network issue also because issue persist while submitting the data also where it shows data submitted and data is not submitted at backend; whereas, opening the app again and submit it successfully submit the data.

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @yck123 ,

Please consider run your app in a good Network condition, then check if the issue could be fixed.

Also please consider take a try with the following performance tips for canvas app, then the performance of your canvas app could be improved:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/performance-tips

If the solution I provided above could help in your scenario, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,868)