Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Powerapp Image won't display in mobile device

Dear Team,

I have faced problem in display in image on mobile phone through photo gallery. Before it was ok since I used this PowerApps. 

Currently, the image is showing in the PowerApps studio, but it won't display on mobile devices. 

What would be the cause of that issue? 

Thanks,

Phearin 

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Powerapp Image won't display in mobile device

HI @phearin ,

You did not say where the image was kept - is it in a SharePoint Document library or is it an attachment. Also what are you currently using to display it? I am surprised it had worked in the past on mobile devices other than to launch it in SharePoint.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz 

The image is store at SP document library. and The way I am loading image is by copy link (img url) to place in photo filed in SP list. 

I am sure that before it was working in my case since I used PowerApps.

Thanks,

Phearin 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK @phearin ,

You must have been lucky on that one as the way PowerApps launches URLs (anonymously), they have never displayed for me.

However, to fix is not difficult. Create a field in your SharePoint library called Thumbnail and set this to type Hyperlink or Picture > Picture. You can also use this to display the picture in SharePoint.
The Image property of the Image control in PowerApps is then (substitute your names)

For a Gallery Items image

ThisItem.'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large     //you can also use Medium and Small

For a single matching image

LookUp(
   YourSharePointLibraryName,   
   YourReference=MatchingLibraryValue,   
   'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz 

I have followed your advise based on the description. I did create field called Thumbnail in SP Library. My previous display option is getting display image from Photo filed which contains link from SP Library. 

ThisItem.Photo 

However, I couldn't reach result by applying this option below. 

For a Gallery Items image

ThisItem.'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Large     //you can also use Medium and Small

Thanks,

Phearin  

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @phearin ,

What is the Items property of the gallery. I assumed you removed the // comments at the end.

Also below is a working example - you can also use just  '{Thumbnail}'.LargeThumbnail.png

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@WarrenBelz 

I get lost from your question. here is what currently status I have done for my app. Thanks, Phearin

2020-03-11 11_05_11-Window.png

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try just ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

Also what is the Items property of the gallery the photo is in.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @phearin ,

Actually, it is an known issue within PowerApps Mobile App -- Pictures that need authentication on SharePoint are not supported yet in PowerApps Mobile App.

Please check the following thread for more details:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Share-point-pictures-can-not-be-seen-on-IOS-...

As an fixed solution, I think the '{Thumbnail}' system field from a SP Library could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

4.JPG

within your Gallery, set the Image property of the Image control to following:

ThisItem.'Thumbnail ({Thumbnail})'.Medium

or

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Medium

Note: The  '{Thumbnail}' field is a system field in SP Library, you should not create custom field called  '{Thumbnail}' in your SP Library. Please remove the custom field Thumbnail from your SP Library.

In addition, please also check and see if the following solution would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/View-thumbnail-images-of-List-Item-Attachments-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @phearin ,

As @v-xida-msft has confirmed, this approach is what you need.

Please try this and confirm any issue - happy to help

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,406)