cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave-jorgensen
Advocate V
Advocate V

Powerapp components table parameters column mapping schema corrupted

Having worked with components for over a year now, I keep having issues where the component mapping schema for a table gets corrupted. Basically, the component doesn't respect the column names in the input table and will sporadically change the mapping so that the columns are incorrect.

IE if I have a table in the component input parameter like this:

Table({Col1:"col1 value", Col2:"col2 value"})

then in the powerapp where I have the instance of the component, I have that same table as the input, and I show that in a datatable, I'd expect to see:

Col1                  Col2

col1 value         col2 value

but it's really common for components to do this:

Col1                  Col2

col2 value         col1 value

It's been that way ever since I started with components, well over a year. any word on when Microsoft might address this bug?

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dave-jorgensen 

Yep...see this on a pretty regular basis.  It's pretty annoying and has been like this since the start.

I find that if I change the schema on the component to add a dummy column to it and then take it out, it magically re-evaluates the schema properly.

Don't forget...changing the schema formula on your component table property will wipe out that property in ALL instances of your component in the app...so venture cautiously in case you have a lot of customizations in those properties.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
dave-jorgensen
Advocate V
Advocate V

yes, for sure, that works because it forces out a new schema. Other thing I've found that works is, in the instance where you use the component in the app, remove all the columns and add them back into the table 1 at a time, in the order they are supposed to be in the table. Prevents pushing out new schema (which as you know, overwrites the input of ALL instances). But would be great if we could get it fixed.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@dave-jorgensen 

Totally agree!!!  Components were once considered experimental...now they are considered a feature - I still believe they are experimental or they would not have these issues...PLUS, they would not share a variable across all instances 😕

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,381)