cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Powerapp form same list item to be updated by multiple people

Hope you are able to assist, test my logic and help with some code.

First form is FRMIssLog - I have kept this in New. Once completed it kicks of a flow to another user who then opens that list item, checks information and adds to the information. I have created a new screen and form for this FRMissDesc, which I have in edit mode. 

But it doesn't pick up the original info (it picks up the very first entry of the list). 

Once this person is done, a flow will kick off again where a third person will then read already captured info and add some more. 

What code should I use when I submit the form? (I have a save button)

And how does the next screen know to pick up that same item to edit?

Thank you so much. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

To be able to see all records:
Insert a Gallery1 and put the TableName as the list items.

Then on the EditForm item property put:
Gallery1.Selected

With this, whatever record you select in the gallery it will appear on the EditForm for you to edit and submit

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Anonymous 

Thank you for inviting me to response to your topic 🙂 

From what I understand you have 3 users who should be adding information to the same record.  An email is sent to the 2nd and 3rd users with a clickable link to open the form.  My assumption the email is being generated by a Flow you built.

My opening questions are:

• What inputs are you supplying to the Flow?  Please show a screenshot of the PowerApps Run function with your arguments supplied.  Indicate which argument holds the ID number
  • What URL are you sending in your email?  Please supply an example but remember to obscure your tenantID or any other identifying information
  • Have you used the Param function at all to capture the ID when the 2nd and 3rd users re-open the form?
  • How does PowerApps determine which record to show in your form?  If you are using an Edit form show a screenshot of the Item property.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,671)