cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2makeitwork
Level: Powered On

Powerapp not showing powerbiintegration data on Samsung Galaxy phone

This is a weird problem. I built another app in Powerapp and followed the powerbiintegration process to link PBI to PApps using the PApps icon in the PBI workspace. On the Powerapp application on my laptop, the data from PBI flows through and everything displays fine. All functionality works and the app is published. When I launch the app on my Samsung Galaxy 8 phone, however, no PBI data displays. Am I missing a setting somewhere? How do I fix this? Why does the PBI data show on my laptop with PApps but not on my phone? Any and all help appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: Powerapp not showing powerbiintegration data on Samsung Galaxy phone

@2makeitwork 

From PowerApps app after opening the PowerApps Native Application in Android and then after opening your PowerApps app from the list of apps, were you prompted for the Power BI permissions? Was there anything that seemed odd at any time there?

Also, if possible, try uninstalling the PowerApps Android Application completely from your phone, then reinstalling it, then signing in again and trying again.

Alternatively, you can try clearing the Application Cache only from Andoird App by going to (not in PowerApps but on your phone) something along the lines of Settings -> Applications -> PowerApps -> Clear Data but just in case, it may be better to try the above as well to completely uninstall and then reinstall the app.

Even if you have checked that the PowerApps Native Android App is already the latest version, you may still want to try uninstall and reinstall anyway in case as well. 

Also try following types of refresh and then just in case you may also want to retry the un-installation and re-installation above again each time after performing each attempt and before opening the app for testing, and then retry opening the app to see if it is resolved on the phone again:

1. Try to refresh the data source manually from Power BI (like you would do from Power BI Desktop). This is different from the type of refreshing described below. We are referring to performing a manual refresh from Power BI as you would independently from PowerApps. Then, retry opening the app from the phone.
  2. If doing #1 does not work, then, go to PowerApps Maker (i.e. open your PowerApps app for editing) then go to Data Sources -> Find the Power BI Data Source -> press Ellipses -> press Refresh - and then do #1 again  - and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  3. Try removing and readding the Power BI related data source(s) then retry #2 as well, then retry #1 as well, and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  4. Try going to File -> Save As - give the app a new name - then retry #3, #2, and #1 - and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  5. Try adding a PowerApps Refresh Function i.e. Refresh(DataSource) in the OnVisible property of the screen your data is showing from, then retry #4, #3, #2, and #1 - and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  6. Try adding a PowerApps Refresh Function i.e. Refresh(DataSource) in a Timer that has a delay of about 5 seconds i.e. the Refresh(DataSource) is on the OnTimerEnd property of the timer, runs 5 seconds after the screen is visible. 5 seconds is 5000 milliseconds, the timer would need a duration of 5000 to apply 5 second delay to the Timer ( for help on this, you can try to adapt our freeApp Timer Wait Recipe to your case) in addition to the suggestion in #5, then retry , #4, #3, #2, and #1 )
  7. If possible, from the mobile phone, if using Wifi try disabling Wifi and using the LTE instead - if you already tried that, try the exact opposite of this in addition to keeping/retrying/toggling around with the changes from #6, #5 above - then retry  #4, #3, #2, and #1 - and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  8. Try making sure in the PowerApps Native App that you are logged in as the exact same Microsoft user you are logged into when trying it from the desktop where it's working, in addition to keeping/retrying/toggling around with the changes from #7, #6, #5 above - then retry  #4, #3, #2, and #1 - and then retry opening the app from the phone.
  9. From a new test user (if you have enough licenses and if you are allowed to create users and assign licenses in Office 365) - try sharing it with that test user, then if you can, login as that test user then trying all of the above
  10. From the test user (if applicable) try #9 without it having the Power BI license first and try making it not to work from the computer either from that user. Then reassign the license to that test user and see what happens after also trying all of the above.

If any of the above did not work, try removing all of the PowerApps controls (i.e. Gallery or Galleries, etc.) from your PowerApps Canvas App - then remove the data source - then re-add the data source - then re-add the controls to the PowerApps, re-link them to the data source - then try some or all of the above steps again as well where applicable. If even that doesn't work, try to create a new app from Blank (from scratch), add the data source again, add the Gallery from scratch again, link it to the data source, then retry some or all of the above as well and see if that works. If even that doesn't work, try repeating the Power BI integration process from a different Power BI data source and try again. Please also make sure the Power BI data source resides in the same tenant as the PowerApp - and also, if there is anything like Guest Users involved i.e. if you yourself are a Guest User on the tenant, or if the user signed in to PowerApps Native App was a Guest User, please (if possible) try all of the above again in a way that does not involve any Guest Users from other tenant, if possible, and make sure a few more times that the user signed in to the PowerApps Native Mobile Application was same user as the one signed into the computer where it worked, perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the Android PowerApps native app once more just to be sure.

If you have access to another mobile device other than the one you already tried it on, also try it there and repeat all of the above as well.

Other than the above, we are unsure what else to try and we recommend you to possibly create support ticket with Microsoft if you continue to face issues.

dynamicsedge
Level 8

@2makeitwork 

In addition to our first reply, try also:

Remove the Power BI connection, and then if needed recreate the Connection by removing the connection under make.powerapps.com -> Data -> Connections -> Find Power BI Connection -> Use Ellipses ->  Remove Power BI Connection., then retry those things from our first post. Also, try doing this connection removal and then go directly to the mobile app without trying it once on another device and see if it works.

2makeitwork
Level: Powered On

Thank you very much for the detailed response to troubleshoot. This is really frustrating to say the least. In the end I reverted back to Excel as the source and the data showed up immediately on the phone.

1. Did that before. No effect.

2. This is my biggest gripe. The powerbiintegration link shows up on the left window above my first screen gallery folders. However, nothing shows up under data source. When I do a SharePoint integration, I get the shareponitintegration link on the left window AND sharepoint shows up as a datasource like OneDrive, Excel, Azure SQL, etc. I've tried this so many times that I know I didn't miss a step to link the two power applications. I'm thinking it could be because I don't have a premium account to fully take advantage of the powerbiintegration features? 

Because of the problem with 2, can't perform 3 to 6.

7. Tried both wifi and LTE separately.

8. Done that.

9. Will try that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,300)