cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaharrison
Level: Power Up

Powerapp office365 datasource not working

Hi, I'm trying to connect to an office365 datasource but it desnt seem to be seleactable once i have added it. I go through the short wizard, authenticate and then it gets added as a datasource - i can even update the authentication and that all works fine. However when i try and associate this datasource with an object (gallery for example) i click on the link i get a list of datasources - but my office365 one isn;t there - i click into a wizard from there to add one - this gets added as o365users_2 - but again this is not selectable from the initial screen so i cant use it to build an app from. Any idea why this wouldnt be available? Thanks, Richard

Now maanged to add pic - so in the screen below i can;t click on either of the office365 datasources - though they seem to be valid....

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapp office365 datasource not working

The Office365Users data source doesn't return a table, so it can't be used as the data source of the Gallery. There are calls in the data source that will return a table of records and you can use that in the Items property of the Gallery.

Try this to get started. Go to the Items property of your Gallery and in the formula bar add:

Office365Users.SearchUser()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

The Office365Users data source doesn't return a table, so it can't be used as the data source of the Gallery. There are calls in the data source that will return a table of records and you can use that in the Items property of the Gallery.

Try this to get started. Go to the Items property of your Gallery and in the formula bar add:

Office365Users.SearchUser()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff mabolan
Power Apps Staff

For further help with how to use the Office 365 connector, check out the documentation we have for it here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/connections/connection-office365-users

The documentation lists out all of the valid functions you can use on the connector to help you get started.

dbaharrison

Thanks Jeff - that got it. Got slightly confused that the items property does not appear on the right in the properties section but in a drop down near the top left 🙂

ANyway it's working now and managed to get data back - thanks for the reply

dbaharrison

Thanks for the pointer

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,047)