cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Powerapp on Android stuck Opening...

I have an Alcatel U5 phone running Android 6.0 and powerapps 3.18061.12 my custom app gets stuck on Operning... as does the sample app Case Management. I'm hoping that there is currently a bug and this is not an indication that the phone is not up to the job and wanted to check if there is anything I can try to get things going.

I have both my custom app and sample app running on my Google Pixel no problems, same version of powerapps.

both phones are running on a good strong 4G connection and I have also tried on our Wireless with no difference in behaviour.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapp on Android stuck Opening...

Hi @AHS-jlyle,

Could you please share a screenshot about your issue?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my Android Mobile Device (Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro) is 7.1.1, the version of PowerApps app within my Android Mobile Device is 3.18061.12.

Please check if the version of your Android Mobile Device is the latest version, if not, please update it into the latest version. Then try your custom app or sample app again within your Android Mobile Device to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, you could also take a try to uninstall PowerApps app from your Android Mobile Device, then re-install it within your Android Mobile Device, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

hi @v-xida-msft

My Alcatel U5 is fully up to date at 6.0 5th November 2017 security patch level. I did update Powersapps to version 3.18.0.62.23 - my google phone does not offer me this version.

I can now open apps but my custom powerapp fails to open/load the tables from the connected excel document with "failed to load tbl_TMVLocations. An unknown error occurred" I get three errors, one for each of the opened tables.

help! 🙂

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Looks like is stuck opening again now 😞

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any update on this?  I am experiencing the same issue on a Samsung tablet.  Tablet and PowerApps are both up to the most recent version.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There seemed to be no rhym nor reason but the app just started working. I have a feeling that it might have been something to do with the powerapp version and/or the fact I was on a proxied connection. Sometimes if you published the app on a prior powerapps version it seems to need to be re-published.

I think I've seem documentation that states Microsoft expect you to republish every six months to avoid problems. If this is the case why don't they just automate republishing after every version update???

Keep in mind that if you are using excel as a datasource if you open in excel to make edits this can sometimes lead to file locks that could take up to half an hour to clear or random opening and closing of the document can help.

Sorry this isn't particularly helpful, but it just seemed to start working for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,764)