cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Powerapp using Onedrive to update spreadsheet and send email to current user

Hello Everyone,

I just recently started learning powerapps for my company and its very confusing (a lot to take in)

Right now im trying to figure out the following if anyone can help me.

I have a spreadsheet in excel formed as a table and an app in powerapps created via canvas. When people submit the information on the app, it updates the excel sheet by adding it in another row which is great. But how can i do that while also sending a "Receipt of confirmation email" to the user submitting the information along with the information submitted on the body? I tried using flows but lack knowledge.

Much Appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapp using Onedrive to update spreadsheet and send email to current user

@Totalnoob 

Hello there.  Welcome to the Power Apps Community.  You can actually do this without Flow.  I will tell you how.

#1  Add the Office365Outlook connector to your app.

#2  Click on your Form and select the OnSuccess property

#3  Write this code in the OnSuccess property

Office365Outlook.SendMailV2(User().Email, "Confirmation Title", "Confirmation Message")

#4 Submit the form.  It will send a confirmation email.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Highlighted

Re: Powerapp using Onedrive to update spreadsheet and send email to current user

Totalnoob_0-1600283081811.png

I have it with the formula now but it still doesnt send me an email. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Totalnoob 
Back() is probably the issue.  You have to use it on a new-line.

Office365Outlook.SendMailV2(User().Email, "Receipt of confirmation", "[Epxense Type] (Job Code)");
Back();

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,224)