cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohit4044041
Resolver I
Resolver I

Powerapp webpart on sharepoint , special license requirement?

I have E3 license and I could develope , publish and can access canvas app. Standalone app works fine. 

However, when same app is added on sharepoint modern page through Poweapp webpart. I get below prompt which asks for starting trial. Is there a special license needed? Will all site users need additional license to view page? They all have E3

Rohit4044041_0-1661022534818.png

3 REPLIES 3
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

As long as the login for the app is in the same tenant as SharePoint and doesn't use any premium connectors you should not need a different license to display it as a web part in a SharePoint page.  Are you sure your login is the same work or school account in SharePoint as the one you used to develop the app?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

That is correct . I had same understanding.  I am using same browser session. App and sharepoint page are opened in tabs of same browser. Checked user account and its same. Canvas app loads fine. However, sharepoint page shows prompt to start license. Below are the licenses of logged in user. 

Rohit4044041_0-1661055996622.png

Whats also strange is, i cannot see power components in 365 app launcher . However, i went explicitly to make.. and created canvas app, which works fine.

Rohit4044041_1-1661056110143.png

Have your admin's check in the Office Tenant admin for the sub licenses for that user.  The following should be in the list you posted if they haven't been manually disabled.  YOu might be able to create a canvas app based on the Common Data Services License.  But the web part would require the Power Apps for Office 365 (which is included in the E3 unless manually disabled).  I suspect something has been disabled in the Sub Sku's for your E3 licenses.

image.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,717)