cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emo

Powerapp with multiple forms (submit())

Hi all

I have read some of the posts in here with same issue, but was not able to implement it in my own App. 

I have a SharePoint list as a Datasource, and what I want is to fill out the fields, submit, and then it will create a new item in the list. A part of this works, but not all.

I have three forms, to get a better overview of all the fields. But, how do I setup the Save Button in the last form, to submit from all three forms, and not only one of them ?

My setups is somtehing like this, where all the arrows are setup with NewForm. See this app as a user-creation app. I tried && and Patch but does not seem to be working proper.Untitled.png

Thnkas in advnace. 

Emo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @emo, you can use the Patch function to submit a new record.

This blog post can give you a template as to how I would do it, but please come back with specific questions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @emo, you can use the Patch function to submit a new record.

This blog post can give you a template as to how I would do it, but please come back with specific questions.

View solution in original post

Hi @Meneghino 

It could work, does not get any errors now, but, dont I miss a submit() function?

Currently I only have this on my OnSelect on the Button, 

Patch('Request new user', Defaults('Request new user'),{NewUserSalesteamNavision: DataCardValue34.Text, NewUserFirstname: DataCardValue18.Text});Navigate(ViewScreen,Transition.None)

Update:

It worked, just needed to pactch my required Title field, also. Great. Thanks for your help @Meneghino . 

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Submit() and Patch() basically do the same things, but Submit() takes a form as an argument, whereas Patch() takes multiple arguments that you can play with.

In my personal opinion I would use Submit() in conjunction with a form only if you have to do very very limited customisations.  If you want any kind of customised behaviour then I would abandon forms, create the single controls and use Patch().

My App has a Data Source to a Sharepoint list. How can I add a field from the Sharepoint list onto a Screen? I don't want to use an EditForm.

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,555)