cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suridup
Level: Powered On

Powerapp with request form not working, please help

Hi, I have added a screen and inserted a form and connected this to a sharepoint list.  I was able to successfully add the list, but I am having difficulty getting this form to work and update sharepoint as I submit the form as a test.

I did add defaults("sharepoint list") under Item.  Also on the submit button and onselect added Submitform("Form Name").

What else do I need to check and insert for this to work and update into sharepoint?  Also, what is the function for "Icon Cancel".

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapp with request form not working, please help

Hi @Suridup ,

Yeah, if the Title field is a Required field in your SP List, you must enable it within your Edit form. For adding a Title Data card in a Edit form, please refer to the following screenshot:

9.JPG

The List separator (',') is based on language, some regions use ',' as list separator, other regions use ';' as list separator. On your side, please consider modify your formula as below:

Patch('D365 Content Request'; Defaults('D365 Content Request'); 'Content Request Form'.Updates);;
ResetForm('Content Request Form')

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Suridup ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to submit a new record back to your SP List using the Edit form?

Do you mean that the Edit form could not 

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure set the DefaultMode property of the Edit form set to following:

FormMode.New

then remove the formula within the Item property of the Edit form, then try your SubmitForm function again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, I also think the Patch function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

Patch(
       'SP List',
       Defaults('SP List'),
       EditForm1.Updates        // EditForm1 represents the Edit form in your app
);
ResetForm(EditForm1)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Suridup

Hi,

Yes, I want users to complete the request form and then hit submit.  Once submit is actioned, the completed fields need to update my sharepoint list.  Please also see screenshot of the sharepoint list.  Can it be that "Title" has to be in the form for it to work?  How do I add a "Title" contact card if it should be there?

I did the below, but the Patch function has an error.  I dont know why, but for me, I cannot use "," but it accepts ";", however, when I get to the Resetform function, it gives me an error.  Please see screenshot attached.  If I test it, it doesnt update to my sharepoint list.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Suridup ,

Yeah, if the Title field is a Required field in your SP List, you must enable it within your Edit form. For adding a Title Data card in a Edit form, please refer to the following screenshot:

9.JPG

The List separator (',') is based on language, some regions use ',' as list separator, other regions use ';' as list separator. On your side, please consider modify your formula as below:

Patch('D365 Content Request'; Defaults('D365 Content Request'); 'Content Request Form'.Updates);;
ResetForm('Content Request Form')

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Suridup

Thanks!

This worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,008)