cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberco01
Level 8

Powerapps - Alias Email Address

I have a user that has an Alias Email address. I have a Powerapps linked to Sharepoint List.

When I save a record the Login username is saved. This user has an alias email address associated with it. Then for edit the record I check if logged in user = user().Email. It is a different email address that is the alias. So the user cannot edit.

is there a way to compare the user email as well as the alias so that the user can edit.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jesly Thomas

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps - Alias Email Address

Hi @cyberco01 ,

Could please share a bit more about the Alias Email Address that you mentioned?

Do you want to compare the Email address with the Alias Email Address within your app?

If you want to ompare the Email address with the Alias Email Address of a Office 365 User within your app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Currently, the returned properties from Office365Users functions do not contain the Alias Email Address property. And there is no way to retrieve the Alias Email Address of a Office 365 user within PowerApps currently.

More details about properties returned from Office 365 function, pleaserefer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-office365-users

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alterntive solution, please consider validate current login user using normal email address. Actually, on your side, you could consider use a SP List data source (contains a Person column) to store the authorized users of your canvas app, then compare current sign in user with the existed authorized users in your SP List, if current sign in user is existed in your SP List, he would be able to use your app, if not, navigate him to a unauthorization 404 error screen. Please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of App to following:

If(
    IsBlank(LookUp('SPList', PersonColumn.Email = User().Email)),
    Navgate(UnAuthorization404Screen),
    Navigate(HomeScreen)
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,867)