cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Powerapps BInding to dropdown control?

Hi,

I want to use a dropdown control that gives me a possibility to choose a project:

• I have to sharepointtable: project and timesheet. The powerapp is meant to let our consultants fill the timesheet with their tasks
  • ID is the number of the projects (in table project) and must be saved in the ContractID of the table timesheet
  • to give them more contextinformation I filled the dropdown with additional data: Distinct(TblProject;ID&" "&KP&" "&Title&" "&Subject) in the items section of the control
  • default section: parent.default

Now the card where I have put the dropdown control in is not using the data in the dropdown. I don't know where i can link them. I follow the tips on this discussion but it didn't work out. The dropdown just shows the complete list and always starts with the first item in the list, while it should show the project that was selected.

2nd question: I want to sort the dropdown list: Title-KP, can this be done in the formula?

Thanks for your advice and ideas.

Herwig

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I go to the Update and fill in step 5 as described below I get errors.  It does not seem to understand the *.Select.Value syntax when I enter the information as described.  I have followed the steps 1 - 3.  I think Step 4 states to select the card bubble for the drop down.  I select it and find Update, but when I go to fill card.name.Selected.value instead of datacardvalue#.Selected  and it errors out.  Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I go to the Update and fill in step 5 as described below I get errors.  It does not seem to understand the *.Select.Value syntax when I enter the information as described.  I have followed the steps 1 - 3.  I think Step 4 states to select the card bubble for the drop down.  I select it and find Update, but when I go to fill card.name.Selected.value instead of datacardvalue#.Selected  and it errors out.  Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous maybe create a new thread? I would like to point you in the right direction but I am confused what you are trying to do and where you are having issues. I have a bunch of videos that show you how to do this type of stuff but I can't even figure out which one to send you. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am new to powerapps (07/2018), and I found this solution helped to resolve a simular problem that I encountered moving data from a drop down list in a form, to a data source table. Thank you.

Edward

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi,

In my screnario,

I need to get values into the dropdown from a swagger custom connetion.

Is there any way to get values from swagger into a dropdown.

i tried to get user infromation using custom connection, but here i'm trying to get more than 10 values into a dropdown using a custom swagger connection.

Please let e know if anyone have tried this.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Setting Update to Dropdown1.Selected.Value or Dropdown1.Selected.Text or Dropdown1.SelectedText or Dropdown1.Selected does not work.

I get an error "Expected Text Value"

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks so much,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

What if the combobox is a multiple selection control? Default:Parent dont work on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,590)