cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Powerapps Can't find data in table

Hi,

I'm in the processs of building a simple app where people can update percentage completion out in the field and it sends the data back to a central onedrive spreadsheet when the form is submitted. I have this working on one site, and have simply created a duplicate app (by saving as) and updating the table source (I.e from table 1 to table 2). This issue I am having is when I conenct my new data source into the app (updating all 'table 1' refs to 'table 2') the app is not working and can't read data. When I look at the data source in items for my gallery I get the message 'We didn't find any data' - yet in my form it reads my column titles and it knows what is a number/ date field.

I have tried creating an app from scratch with my spreadsheet and I get the same error as above. I have tried converting my table in excel to a range and then back to a table, and I've tried creating a new spreadsheet and rebuilding the table. I'm getting the same issues. Powerapps also doesn't seem to be creating the 'powerapps reference' column in the sheet. I've also inspected the table in powerpivot within excel to replicate the 'we can't find any data' error in powerapps, but it is finding the data. 

Any suggestions anyone? I'm at a complete loss as to what to do now...

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps Can't find data in table

Hi @DaveRobson ,

It is not recommended to use a different data source for the exported app that used to have data source. It is expected that the error occurs when this happens. It might be related to different column names/data types. 

But did you mean that you still have the error even when you create a brand new app with Table2? How did you create the app from scratch? Try to create the auto-generated app from Home > Start from data. Did you make sure that you have formatted the excel data to a table? PowerApps can only work with table in excel file. PowerPivot does not work with PowerApps.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I did the start from scratch with data imported from excel. The excel file does have the data formatted as a table, but in powerapps it says that there is no data in the table (which is incorrect as it is populated with sample data)

I'm not trying to have powerpivot work with powerapps - I just used it as a secondary tool to check that something else could read the data in my table. 

In terms of column names and format types, I've changed the format types to text and back again (as I saw reccomended on this forum) with no success, and powerapps reads the column names correctly from the data source - it just says there's no data. 

Highlighted

I'm facing the same problem here. I even tried to create a very simple table in my Excel file in order to figure out what is the cause of the problem. But the "no data" problem still persists. I know that the Excel table should not have formulas, but this is not the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,641)