cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex93
Level: Powered On

Powerapps Connectors with Teams (Shared Users no connection to Teams)

Hi all,

I set up a Powerapps where it will send a message to Teams whenever a new entry is added. The code I was using was:

MicrosoftTeams.PostMessageToChannel("groupid","channelid", {body:{content:"Hello World Test2",contentType:0}})

and it was working fine when I tested it in preview (posted a message on teams) but when I shared it to other users in my organization, it didn't work. Powerapps didn't ask for the users' permission into teams when they were using the app (only asked for onedrive permission as I put the data file on onedrive). I was wondering if that's because the Teams connector with Powerapps is still in preview stage and that's why I wasn't able to use it when I shared it to other users. If that's not the case, could you please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Powerapps Connectors with Teams (Shared Users no connection to Teams)

Hi @alex93 ,

Are your users in that Teams channel?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue you mentioned. When I shared the App with users, i also need to share the Teams connection. What more, when my user open the Apps i shared, the Teams connection permisson also appears.

Annotation 2019-10-18 102747.png

Annotation 2019-10-18 101552.png

Can you delete the MS Teams connection and try to re-add it to check if this issue is fixed?

Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Powerapps Connectors with Teams (Shared Users no connection to Teams)

Hi @alex93 ,

Are your users in that Teams channel?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue you mentioned. When I shared the App with users, i also need to share the Teams connection. What more, when my user open the Apps i shared, the Teams connection permisson also appears.

Annotation 2019-10-18 102747.png

Annotation 2019-10-18 101552.png

Can you delete the MS Teams connection and try to re-add it to check if this issue is fixed?

Best regards,
Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,200)