cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skewa1
Regular Visitor

Powerapps Delegation Issue: Sharepoint List and Date

I am having a problem with my SharePoint List. My filter, below, hasa delegation problem:

I am trying to filter by Month formatted as mmm-yyyy

Filter(Text(Submission_Date,"[$-en-US]mmm-yyyy")=Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value||Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value=Blank())

My Drop down dates at formatted in mmm-yyyy (e.g. Oct-2022). Submission_Date (in sharepoint) is in Date format.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BideyYusuf
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @skewa1 

Normally you cant filter a date column with a text. what i do in this situation is create a text column separately to get any date i select in text value. then i can use a text to filter a text and it would work perfectly.

Filter([Datasourse],DateTextColumn= Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value||Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value=Blank())

you can also use a datepicker to do this for you easily.

You can try this:

Filter([Datasourse],DateColumn = DatePicker1.SelectedDate || IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate))

The Format can be on your Label control properties, you dont need to put it on the filter -  Text(ThisItem.DateTest,"mmm, yyyy")

The date Picker will still filter the value from the selected date.

Find attached GIF file to see it works.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BideyYusuf
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @skewa1 

Normally you cant filter a date column with a text. what i do in this situation is create a text column separately to get any date i select in text value. then i can use a text to filter a text and it would work perfectly.

Filter([Datasourse],DateTextColumn= Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value||Dropdown1_2.Selected.Value=Blank())

you can also use a datepicker to do this for you easily.

You can try this:

Filter([Datasourse],DateColumn = DatePicker1.SelectedDate || IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate))

The Format can be on your Label control properties, you dont need to put it on the filter -  Text(ThisItem.DateTest,"mmm, yyyy")

The date Picker will still filter the value from the selected date.

Find attached GIF file to see it works.

Hope this helps

v-liwei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skewa1 

If your datasource is SharePoint then there is no way to get around delegation warning (and incomplete results) for large lists when filtering with dates.  

DateTime values are not delegable in SharePoint.

I recommend that you add the data source to a collection first, so as to avoid delegation warnings

Best Regards,

Levi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,525)