Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MinotaurUK
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps Devops view Work Items

Hi,

I am wanting to view certain filtered work items from within Azure Devops and view them in a Gallery within a Canvas Powerapp.

I have done some searching but can't seem to find out any content related to this.

Does any one have any ideas or links on how to acheive this ?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Yes, the Azure DevOps connector (premium) allows you to connect and query for Work Items from a project. I haven't played with it much myself, but here are the basics:

Given that you can have different kinds of work items, you'll likely need to search for kinds of work items and then use the type to filter the query for the items themselves. These are the two calls you are after:

AzureDevOps.ListWorkItemTypes()

AzureDevOps.ListWorkItems()

Once you have a list coming back with a consistent Work Item type, you'll be able to tweak a gallery to display what you want. The documentation is vague on output format.

Hope this helps!

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,875)