cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Powerapps- Error opening file

Hi, After saving my app, I tried to open in edit mode but it shows an error message saying that: "Error Opening File: Could not open the file. The file is corrupted". I tried to restore previous version but it doesn't work. When I open the app in play mode, I can still run my app as usual. I tried to use the backup copies that I had on my account which is the older version of the current app but both copies were suddenly facing the same error message "Error Opening File: Could not open the file. The file is corrupted" as well. Did anyone face this problem before? How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Powerapps- Error opening file

Hi @Clarrice_24 ,

Thanks for your response. I understood that the Studio is working as expected after reverting back to the previous version.

For permanent fix, the App version should be applied for the newly releasing versions. To investigate further, the PowerApps package file and more detailed information would be required but this is not available to be done in community site.

I would suggest you to create a MS support ticket for further investigation: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

There would be (possibly) a release that impact this issue from the Product team side and those things should be confirmed.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Clarrice_24 ,

I haven't seen the error message before. "Error Opening File: Could not open the file. The file is corrupted"

We can't guarantee that the error message is correct. It indicates that the file is currupted but it can be related to Browser cache/metadata or cookies.

Would you please do the following testing?

1. Close all the browsers after clearing cache and open a browser as private mode(cacheless) and open the PowerApps?
2. Close all the browsers after clearing cache and open different browser and test it again?
3. Remove all the %temp% files and Restart PC and test it again?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jisung Han

Highlighted

Hi Jisung Han,

Thanks for your prompt response. I noticed that if i lower the authoring version from the latest to an older version, I am able to edit the app. Is there any way to upgrade the app to match the latest authoring version. As this app is going to be used long term, I hope the app can still run with the latest authoring version for better performance.

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Clarrice_24 ,

Thanks for your response. I understood that the Studio is working as expected after reverting back to the previous version.

For permanent fix, the App version should be applied for the newly releasing versions. To investigate further, the PowerApps package file and more detailed information would be required but this is not available to be done in community site.

I would suggest you to create a MS support ticket for further investigation: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

There would be (possibly) a release that impact this issue from the Product team side and those things should be confirmed.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Clarice, I'm having the same error. How did you resolve yours? Please help. Thanks in advance.powerapp opening error.PNG

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and will be deploying a fix soon. This issue got introduced with the latest Studio version 3.20064.22.

In the interim, while we fix the issue, you can mitigate this issue by going to the "Account" tab in the Studio and clicking on "Change authoring version" to select an older version.

Please choose a version equal to (or prior to) 3.20063.13 and then reopen your application.

Thanks,

Kunal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,201)