cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpack
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps Filter Function

I am having a problem with the PowerApps Filter Function. I have a SP list that I am trying to connect a gallery to. I need to filter it based on the results of a certain column. For some reason the filter is Filtering out the only row that it shouldn't filter out.

As you can see here I have a filter based on the rejected Column, only true results should show. All the the results have the rejected value being false. I also attached the Sharepoint List to show that only one should have the true value.

Is there a problem with the filter function that I should know about, or is there something that I'm just missing?

AppView.PNGSPView.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @rpack

Using =0 (for false) or =1 (for true) in your filter condition should work .

Theo

View solution in original post

tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Well I have the same kind of warning but the filter is working and I haven't found any other way to filter a SharePoint Yes/No column.

Theo

7 REPLIES 7
PK_Hong
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @rpack

A quick check.

You Reject results are either "Yes" or "No".

So, I would say that your Filter shall read as following

- Filter(Conflictchecks, reject = "Yes") if this is what you want to show.

Wish I am correct.

have a nice day.

rpack
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Yes/No Columns show as true/false in Powerapps. The toggles just show as "Yes"/"No" for true/false values by default. If I set it to "Yes/"No" in the filter it says that it is an incompatible type, because beooleans are not compatible with strings.

tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @rpack

Using =0 (for false) or =1 (for true) in your filter condition should work .

Theo

rpack
Frequent Visitor

SAdly, that doesn't work either. It doesn't accept a number type, because it is a boolean.

Type.PNG

tchin-nin
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Well I have the same kind of warning but the filter is working and I haven't found any other way to filter a SharePoint Yes/No column.

Theo

rpack
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much! I'm annoyed that I'm still getting a type error, but I'm really happy that works. Thanks again.

@rpack

Well, sometimes when "=" doesn't work, please consider to use "in" or "exactin".

TQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,656)