cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AakashJaiswal
Level: Powered On

Powerapps ID not generated on Sharepoint List

Hi,

I was using an excel file as my database for an app that I am building. However, I decided to migrate the database to Sharepoint list as my users will also have file attachments when they are updating this data via the app. 

But when I am using the sharepoint list as my datasource and when I am saving a new form, all the fields are getting updated except the automatic PowerApps field. Is this something to worry about? If yes, how can I fix it?

Regards,

Aakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
dynamicsedge
Level 8

Re: Powerapps ID not generated on Sharepoint List

@AakashJaiswal 

You should not need to worry about it. That PowerApps automatic field of the Excel file row is something specific to that Excel File data source. Also whether you need attachment or not, you made a wise move to use SharePoint List. If possible you should almost always avoid Excel File as data source. We almost never use it - not even for testing or development.

We recommend, if possible, that you try not to use the Excel File data source again, for almost any use case - not even if you find out that you don't need file attachments later.

If you can, try to use Common Data Service. A SharePoint list is also acceptable as a data source as well, especially if you are already using this list outside of PowerApps as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
dynamicsedge
Level 8

@AakashJaiswal 

You should not need to worry about it. That PowerApps automatic field of the Excel file row is something specific to that Excel File data source. Also whether you need attachment or not, you made a wise move to use SharePoint List. If possible you should almost always avoid Excel File as data source. We almost never use it - not even for testing or development.

We recommend, if possible, that you try not to use the Excel File data source again, for almost any use case - not even if you find out that you don't need file attachments later.

If you can, try to use Common Data Service. A SharePoint list is also acceptable as a data source as well, especially if you are already using this list outside of PowerApps as well.

View solution in original post

AakashJaiswal
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the elaborated explanation. Point noted.

Regards,

Aakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,029)