Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aditya1728
Helper II
Helper II

Powerapps ID not generating dynamically in excel source

Hi Experts,

I have a canvas app created  on top of an excel source.

Now with excel you are required to format it as table and then it can be used.

The ID column option I selected was auto-generate PowerApps ID.

Now it works fine at the first time.

But if someone goes in the excel and adds a new row, powerapp ID for that row is not generated automatically because of which for my calculations on the app, the new row is not considered.

Can someone help me know if this is the expected behavior or I am missing something here?

Thanks,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aditya1728 

Just to clarify your question, the problem is that if someone directly adds a row in the Excel spreadsheet outside of Power Apps, the Power Apps ID is not automatically generated?

If that's the case, that's expected behaviour. Power Apps manages the ID value and creates this value only when we add records through Power Apps. If we add records outside of Power Apps, this value is not automatically generated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

If you have any calculated column in your excel, remove it. That would not work.

If you want an ID Column, watch this tutorial:

https://youtu.be/wsaMirkf3Pc

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aditya1728 

Just to clarify your question, the problem is that if someone directly adds a row in the Excel spreadsheet outside of Power Apps, the Power Apps ID is not automatically generated?

If that's the case, that's expected behaviour. Power Apps manages the ID value and creates this value only when we add records through Power Apps. If we add records outside of Power Apps, this value is not automatically generated.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,753)