cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth
Helper IV
Helper IV

Powerapps License and Sharepoint

I have a number of users that have Sharepoint only licenses and others (including myself) that have the O365 E3 licenses.  I've created custom forms for Sharepoint.  Am I required to buy a license for each of the Sharepoint users accessing the custom form?  I don't want them to have the ability to access any part of the development of powerapps, I only want them to use the forms I created.  We're not using any premium connectors.

We've had to start a trial just so that the users can fill out the forms.  This doesn't seem right.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

Ruth - This is not an official answer but my understanding is yes, those users that you want to use the PowerApps custom form have to have a PowerApps license.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruth

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form, if you have any Office 365 plan that includes PowerApps, you can create or use custom list forms. So those users with Office 365 Enterprise E3 full licenses could access the forms successfully. But those who only have SharePoint licenses, would receive below error when they they to edit the form in SharePoint site:

Capture.PNG

This is my testing result. This user's PowerApps license has been excluded from his license:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Shanescows
Super User
Super User

Ruth - This is not an official answer but my understanding is yes, those users that you want to use the PowerApps custom form have to have a PowerApps license.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruth

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form, if you have any Office 365 plan that includes PowerApps, you can create or use custom list forms. So those users with Office 365 Enterprise E3 full licenses could access the forms successfully. But those who only have SharePoint licenses, would receive below error when they they to edit the form in SharePoint site:

Capture.PNG

This is my testing result. This user's PowerApps license has been excluded from his license:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PietroAFarias
Frequent Visitor

The topic is old and is valid to post a more updated answer. You can create a custom form for the Sharepoint List and allow other users to use these forms, even external guest users, only if the form only uses standard connectors. If using the premium connector, the user will need a Power Apps license.

This doesn't appear to be correct.
I modified a list to use a Power App form in place of a SharePoint JSON form and my users received a licensing error message.

Simple form = text box and choice field

Form was created by selecting a list item, then clicking Customize with Power Apps.

Users have a Microsoft 365 E5 license

error attached

ques0buffet_0-1627173041795.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,949)