cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppatterson
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 Preview

All works well with Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2, but we have one need where we can't seem to find a solution:

How can we preview the eMail prior to sending?  Right now... eMail just goes, with no review.

I can display a text window with details, but we really want to see it in OutLook itself, like a preview.  I know we could do a mailto:, but there is no formatting of the text and a size limit.

Any "undocumented" option or kludge to just open Outlook with a fully formatted eMail?

This is out current code, with our Mail Details (MD_) already set.  :

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
     MD_To,
     MD_Subject,
     MD_Body,
     {
          ReplyTo: MD_ReplyTo,
          Cc: MD_CC,
          Bcc: MD_BCC

}
) ;

Thanks to anyone that can help.

5 REPLIES 5
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can add a preview button that will launch an email. And on select of the button you can use below formula (something like this) - 

Launch("mailto:" & MD_To & "?subject=" & MD_Subject & "body=" & MD_Body)
Link for reference - https://www.fidelityfactory.com/blog/2020/5/15/power-apps-canvas-apps-launching-an-email-using-mailt... 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Yes, but as noted in my question, that method does not allow formatting and there is a 2k character limit... both deal breakers in the eMail we are sending.  

I was hoping for an undocumented feature in Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2.

I appreciate the quick reply... but that won't solve our particular issue.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ppatterson ,

My approach (which I do on a lot of large emails) is to enter the mail Body in a HTML Text box and then send the content of the box as the Body of the email. You can also set up fields (I just use Labels) for the To: Cc: and Subject so it appears exactly as the mail to be sent does.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

ppatterson
Frequent Visitor

Greetings, @WarrenBelz ,

This is exactly what I have now... as it works great.  We have lots of variable info and we even have it set to display all the details as a "preview" for the user.

Unfortunately, users (management) really want to see it in Outlook as the send is "blind".  They also have a group eMail they prefer to use and the Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 uses the default from.  ReplyTo helped on that, but... just not the same (I'm working hard to sell it as is).  

I really appreciate everyone's feedback.  It may just be "Powerapps... some day it will do what we want".  

Hi @ppatterson ,

There is a From: parameter in Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 which I understand simply needs the user to have Send permissions from the mailbox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,819)