Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Powerapps SQL Licensing Grace Period Questions

Morning all!

So I'm hoping for someone from the PowerApps team to answer this for some clear answers, as I'm currently in limbo about what I can and can't do in regards to SQL connectors whilst in the grace period. The documentation is rather confusing and not very succinct. I have a few questions:

1: If I remove a connector (for example, the database name changes), and reconnect it, does this reset my grace period?

2: In the scenario above, where the database name changes but nothing else, does the connector look for the title, or at a connection ID? Could I change the name of the database and not have to reset the connector?

3: If I add a field to a table, would i have to reset the connector?

4: If I add a new table, and add a new connector to it, is that new connector also covered under the grace period?

5: Do flows fall under the same grace period? If I add a flow to an SQL connector, does that also require a premium license?

6: Basically, if I make any changes to the database, will I have to reset the connector, and if I do have to, will that void the grace period?

I hope you can help. I'm worrying alot about this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps SQL Licensing Grace Period Questions

Hi @EpicTriffid ,

1&4&5&6. About "grace period", please create a support ticket to ask about this:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

2. No, you cannot rename the data source name inside PowerApps app. The data source name cannot be modified manually.

3. No, you just need to refresh the data source inside the app. You can whether refresh it from View > Data Sources > select "..." beside your data source > Refresh:

Capture.JPG

Or you can add a button control and set its OnSelect property to "Refresh(DataSourceName)".

Or you can save the app and reopen it to refresh the data source.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps SQL Licensing Grace Period Questions

Hi @EpicTriffid ,

1&4&5&6. About "grace period", please create a support ticket to ask about this:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

2. No, you cannot rename the data source name inside PowerApps app. The data source name cannot be modified manually.

3. No, you just need to refresh the data source inside the app. You can whether refresh it from View > Data Sources > select "..." beside your data source > Refresh:

Capture.JPG

Or you can add a button control and set its OnSelect property to "Refresh(DataSourceName)".

Or you can save the app and reopen it to refresh the data source.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,779)