Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
7thFloor
Level: Powered On

Powerapps: Using a toggle to hide/show groups

Hi.
I am brand new to powerapps, but I see a lot of uses for it.

I am creating a canvas app for the company I work for so that people can submit a permit request via their phone. There are options that I don't want to show by default, so I would like to a toggle button with a label. 

The group is called "Parallel_Group"

The toggle is called "Parallel.toggle"

The toggle will be off by default, and the group will be invisible by default, but I can't figure out how to set the toggle to change the visibility of the group. I want it to work both ways. Such as if they turn it on, the group becomes visible. If they turn it back off, the group is hidden.

I've watched videos and read many forum posts, but I can't seem to find the solution to my unique problem. I'm sure a button would be easier, but a toggle in this situation is way more intuitive.

I also need help collecting that data, and sending it by email via a submit button. Not sure how to code that.

Thanks!

7th Floor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Powerapps: Using a toggle to hide/show groups

@7thFloor 

Set the Visible property for any the group and/or controls to this.  It will appear/disappear per the current toggle setting.

Toggle1.Value

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@7thFloor 

Set the Visible property for any the group and/or controls to this.  It will appear/disappear per the current toggle setting.

Toggle1.Value

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Add an If() to the Visible property of the group of controls you want to hide that looks something like this:

If(Toggle1.Value=true,true,false)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
7thFloor
Level: Powered On

Thanks to both of you. I will use this information as I continue to blaze this trail!

Kindest regards,

7thFloor

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,804)