cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigmic
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps and SharePoint multi relational lists

Hi, I'm trying to build a Time Logging app in Powerapps using SharePoint lists.

I have some SharePoint lists:

1. A list of ships with some data and 1 or more agreements

2. A list of agreements that I want to link with the ship lists( many agreements to 1 ship)

3. A list of projects that I want to be linked with the agreements with dates of the agreement(many projects per agreement)

4. A list for logging the time spent on a project(will be used in a Powerapps form)

I'm struggling with linking the different lists so that in the app the user can select a ship, then be given different options(dropdown lookup lists) of how to fill the form to minimize input errors. Basically, if I select a ship, it would filter the lookup column of projects based on the ship name and only display projects associated with the ship, and so on.

I'm not sure how to link these lists so that this is possible. It's a pretty long chain of relationships and I can't lookup a lookup column in SharePoint. I think I have to use IDs but I'm not sure how to implement this.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@thebigmic 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Heading-and-detail/m-p/1197826#M314110 

check the references in my response. The blog posts explain how to set up the lists and how to implement them in PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,516)