Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Powerapps and Sharepoint Online Permissions

Hello,

I created a PowerApp with a Sharepoint custom list as the data source. I granted all 315 users of the app "Site Member" status (R/W/E). 

Problem

• The PowerApp has a LOT of validation in place (no blanks, min char counts for comments, etc.)
  • The Sharepoint URL leaked out and users have been creating new records DIRECTLY in the Sharepoint list instead of using the PowerApp
  • This has resulted in many partial records that make reporting impossible. 

Question

• How can I grant the correct permissions to allow users access to the Custom List but NOT give them permission to edit the Sharepoint list directly if they have the URL?

Thank you

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

WOW! The Kool-Aid is everywhere. All this to hack a SharePoint list and leave it vulnerable. Why not just leverage native custom list forms with no peripheral service dependencies and/or overall solution performance degradation while maintaining inherit current logged-in user context/security as well.

Highlighted

What if you create a Custom form for your list that has no function other than a message to use the app and add a launch link.  Then in the list settings prevent editing of the list via Quick edit.

Highlighted

How do you stop the users opening the List in Power Bi/Excel and seeing everything that way?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@ericonline  I have a licensing question:

Do you buy 315 licenses for each user * $10?

Or there is some enterprise plan?

Thank you

Highlighted

Well,  note that it's it's $10  for one app, per user, per month.  

I'm surprised that no one mentioned about using Target Audience and losing the modern experience in SharePoint list.  Also don't see that it's not mentioned in the MS documentation about it's limitation... Love the idea of Target Audience since SP 2013 and still waiting for a bigger enhancement. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,359)