cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pm13
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps app sign in problems on iphone 6, iOS 11.4

Unable to signin into powerapps app on an iphone 6 running iOS 11.4.

After entering email address, it keeps coming back to the same page where I have to enter email address. Just keeps going in a loop. It says please try using a office or school account.

Installed the SharePoint online app and tried signing into that, and still unable to sign in. Says please try again later.

Unable to sign into the Microsoft's intune portal as well.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps several times, still no luck.

But I have managed to do all this on an android device using the same email address with no problems.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pm13,

What version of PowerApps is installed on the iOS devices?

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pm13,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your PowerApps app?

Which version is the PowerApps Mobile app within your iOS Mobile Device?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of my iOS Mobile Device (iPhone 6s Plus) is 11.2.6, the version of PowerApps app within my iOS Mobile Device is 3.18064.30

Please check if the version of your PowerApps app within your iOS device is the latest version, if not, please update it into the latest version, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if the account (email address) that you provided to sign in your PowerApps app is an work or school account. In other words, please check if you have signed up for PowerApps with the email address that you provided.

You could also take a try to uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your iOS device, then re-install it again to check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pm13
Frequent Visitor

It seems having a slow wifi connection can cause the app to not sign you in. Some sort of "timed out" problem i guess.

Evetually someone suggested we move close to the wifi router, and we managed to sign-in.

By the way, powerapps version was 3.18071.36.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thiis is happening to me. Any way to resolve?
pm13
Frequent Visitor

I'm still having problems signing a user in on a Samsung tablet running android 7.0. But I havent had any issues signing into my own Samsung tablet running Android 7.0.

It seems sum devices just take longer or dont tend to work.

Try downloading and signing into the SharePoint App or the Microsoft Intune Portal app before you download PowerApps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is now working.  I updated my OS on the iPhone, I deleted pictures to free up space, I deleted and reinstalled the app, I powered the iphone on and off over 10 times over days.  I tried signing in and out of other 365 online apps.  Most were in a loop as decribed in this thread.  Finally, the apps started responding to logins and PowerApps is now working.

I am worried about this issue happening to other people we suppport at work.  We often have login issues with IE and Edge.  Chrome seems to be the most stable browser.  

Any updates on this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you

pm13
Frequent Visitor

I am glad you managed to get it to work.

I also have concerns around other users in my organisation having issues with signing in.

At the moment I have shared the app with around 10 people. The plan is to roll this out to 100, then 500, then 3000 and finally 17000 employess. I have to ensure I have it working well before I start the roll out.

Pushing new technology to staff and implentmienting changes is tough enough, so I dont want to add any extra problems to that.

But having said all that, PowerApps is a great tool. And will be even better in time as Microsoft slowly builds it up and makes more improvements.

ericonline
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @pm13. I'm developing a rollout strategy for various apps and user groups as well. So far, i'm up to ~315 users on one of my apps. 

Here are some helpful tips i've learned along the way: 

• Inform users EARLY that the app is available BOTH on their phones and laptop
    • Many of my users thought they were stuck with phone-entry only and had a tough time onboarding
    • "It works on any device" is a nice approach
  • Create training videos (no voice needed) where you record the iPhone screen
    • This just gives some context to opening the PowerApps iPhone app, signing in, THEN using your app
    • This was a tough thing to communicate
    • Most people don't download an app to open another app
  • Explain the following EARLY (CRITICAL)
    • Many factors outside your control affect their use of the app on their phones
      • They have to maintain the latest versions of iOS
      • They have to install and maintain the latest versions of the PowerApp iPhone app
      • They have to maintain solid connectivity (unless you are going to introduce the complexity of offline capable apps)
      • They may have to install and maintain the Microsoft Authenticator app (depends on your org)
    • "When all else fails, USE YOUR LAPTOP"

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.  I will be presenting your outline to my team in a PowerApps class.  I like how They is emphasized.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,950)