I created a powerapp that is linked to a data source which was working fine for over a year. However, three weeks ago it stopped working. I noticed the browsegallery is not seeing the data source. The details form and edit form see the data source with no problem. It's just the browsegallery is not seeing the data source. I've tried refreshing the data source which it does successfully. I've also tried removing the data source and add it back and that doesn't help. I've tried publishing an older version of the app and that didn't help as well. I'm at a lost as to why the browsegallery will not see the data source in the Properties drop down selection?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Are you tieing directly to the datasource? Or are you using some filter, sort and search functions to manipulate the datasource? How does your Items property read?
I would go back and review your Items statement. It could be that your datasource has gotten large enough that you are having delegation issues or it could just be changes in the way the Filter, sort and search functions you are using work behind the scenes. As new features are released it can make subtle changes to the way things interoperate. That may have caused the issue you are seeing.
I am such a novice with powerapps. Below is my formula that used to work with no problem for my browsegallery. Where would I put a "=true"?
SortByColumns(Filter('GTA West Node Database',StartsWith(RTN_x0020_Node_x0020_Seg, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "RTN_x0020_Node_x0020_Seg", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
I tried it, but still no luck. I refreshed the datasource as well.
SortByColumns(Filter('GTA West Node Database',StartsWith(RTN_x0020_Node_x0020_Seg, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "RTN_x0020_Node_x0020_Seg", If(SortDescending1=true, Descending, Ascending))
"double quotes in place of the text box? Space or perhaps a word” that you know exist in the data source " - i tried but still no luck.
In total I have 4 apps that are indentical, the only difference is the datasource that they are pointed to. Two of them work fine and 2 have stopped working. The 4 data source are the same excel template file, but each file just has different data entry in them. The column headings are all the same across all 4 data source files.
If I change the data source file in one of the apps that is not currently working to use another data source, the app works.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand