Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gelos
Super User
Super User

Powerapps button trigger through power automate

HI,

Can I trigger powerapps button through powerautomate.

Please help me

12 REPLIES 12
Nogueira1306
Super User
Super User

Hey! You can not trigger power apps button through power automate.

But you can trigger power automate through power apps button adn you can respond to the power apps and based on that response, power apps can do something

If you need additional help please tag me in your reply and please like my reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, pleased mark it as a solution ✔️!

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nogueira

Check my LinkedIn!

Buy me a coffee!

Check my User Group (pt-PT)!

Last Post on Community

My website!

ansrikanth
Resolver III
Resolver III

That's a kind of odd one, I can't imagine a scenario where your already 'triggered' powerautomate have to trigger a button. Could you please give a bit more details on what is your use case here? may be able to help you in finding an alternate solution..

Thank you

-srikanth

ok. I understand. but my I send approve and reject email. After select either approve or reject some action would happen. That action queries are is in PowerApps button. so If I trigger the PowerApps button with correct values the action would happen how can I achieve that please help me.

@Nogueira1306 

@ansrikanth 

ansrikanth
Resolver III
Resolver III

So, If I understand you correctly, you have sent an email to approve/reject (I presume you are using a powerautomate approval process for this), and you want certain actions to perform after approval, these actions are in power app (under a button click) rather than in power automate it self. In that case, you have to bring those actions/functionality back to your power automate. No other option. 

If it is some thing like you have to replicate the same functionality (approval process) in a canvas app as well, then also either you have to replicate the logic in both powerautomate & power app or remove the logic totally from the power app, build a separate child flow and use that in both the places.

If I understand you wrongly, sorry - please provide more details, may be pictures (if it is possible) would help to understand more.

Thank you

-Srikanth

yes. your understand is correct. So I cannot trigger PowerApps button. I should replace that full functionality in power automate.  If I am wrong correct me. Thankyou

Unfortunately, Yes - That's the only way forward for you, in fact that's the correct way.

Please mark the answer and close the thread for the benefit of others as well.

thank you

-Srikanth

any another way is available for achieve this.

@ansrikanth 

I watched some videos. those are value return to the power app.  Can I do like that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,629)