cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lanlan
Regular Visitor

Powerapps can't display sharepoint list image column

I use gallary to display product picture from sharepoint list ,I found this image didn't display .

the fx :

ThisItem.[ImageColumn]

it failed .

I used attachment , it display .

the fx:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).Value

Who 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DeeJaWuecom ,

You are correct that "this feature is not mature" - it presents in Power Apps as read-only (which means you cannot upload anything to it from Power Apps) and you need to use the "Standard" SharePoint form to upload (meaning you cannot have an integrated app as the interface). Stick with either your attachments or a multiple line of Text using JSON (refer this blog of mine).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
phipps0218
Super User
Super User

Please refer to this documentation when using the Sharepoint Image Column. You have not specified the size. If this link doesn't help then please let me know: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-apps-supports-the-new-sharepoint-list-image-column-...

@phipps0218  Thanks for your information , I tried to add size , it also can't display 

@phipps0218  Thanks for your information , I tried to add size , it also can't display 

What is it returning? Are you able to upload some screenshots of your formula and output?

I use image column the display as below :

2022-06-18_14h54_46.png

Use attachment the display as below :

2022-06-18_14h55_56.png

So, I confuse the result , I don't know that reason ?

DeeJaWuecom
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

i have the same issue.

The Gallery Shows directly the whole Sharepoint list (Items Field in the Gallery), so there is no collection or something else.

DeeJaWuecom_0-1656586241010.png

it's a normal Image Column, which is described in the link above from @phipps0218 .

If i make an new, clean App and i will add the datasource, mostly it works, but only for some hours, or days.

After that time, the picture is white/empty. 

Seems, that this feature is not mature.

FYI: The Problem occurs when i ad the SP List directly and even if i use environment variables.

@DeeJaWuecom ,

You are correct that "this feature is not mature" - it presents in Power Apps as read-only (which means you cannot upload anything to it from Power Apps) and you need to use the "Standard" SharePoint form to upload (meaning you cannot have an integrated app as the interface). Stick with either your attachments or a multiple line of Text using JSON (refer this blog of mine).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

DeeJaWuecom
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply!

Now we know, that it works in our Environment with new apps, only the existing app, which need this feature, doesn't work. 

We opened a Microsoft ticket and they will take a look to it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,881)