Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbarsley1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Powerapps connected to Azure SQL Slow?

Hi, 

Our powerapps which use Azure SQL seem much slower than normal today. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know if it is SQL this time or the Office365Users.MyProfile() / Office365Users.MyProfileV2() functions.  I am running this onstart and it hangs keeping the app from opening. When i remove this from onstart the app opens normally. Additionally it appears to be functioning fine in the Android App just not the Web Player for any browser?  What is your experience?

Yeah I saw an error with that but its so integrated in our app that we cant really remove the connector. 

I'm in contact with support. But it wouldnt hurt if you could also log an issue 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed we have a dev copy of our app which is what i was testing on. I will open another case.

Why does this only seem to happen to us? No one else ever complaints. Are we on the dev tenant or something (jk)?

Oh, it's not just you... we're getting it too.  Our data source is Sharepoint and it's taking forever for any data refresh and sometimes "unknown error"oring out as of the last hour or so.

No connection at all to Azure SQL for us either. Support said a service outage and that it should clear!! No ETA.

Anyone one else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not appear to just be related to the Office365 Users function as my other App using Azure SQL is hanging as well. Pairing that with another app using sharepoint failing it appears to be powerapps wide... sigh

Hi all, 

PowerApps is experiencing some issues and the team is investigating this with the highest priority. I'll keep you updated as we get this fixed. I hear your frustration, and we appreciate your patience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been nothing but positive towards powerapps, trying to take part in the community and overlook the hiccups here and there as I can see the real value in what you're trying to do here.  The lack of stability is however making us lose face with customers and trust in the powerapps team.  Multiple full outages in the span of weeks is just not acceptable. We will have to try and salvage the relationships we already have with customers for which we have recommended this product and seriously consider other alternatives moving forward.

Please keep your partners in mind when your are making changes to the platform, I can deal with things being slow or offline here and there but what I can't do is take that same approach with a customer. Here's to hoping this outage is a quick one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,973)