Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbarsley1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Powerapps connected to Azure SQL Slow?

Hi, 

Our powerapps which use Azure SQL seem much slower than normal today. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

33 REPLIES 33

Hey all - we are in the process of rolling out a fix. You should start seeing improvements very soon. Thanks for your patience. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

------

@Anonymous that doesn't sound like the same issue. I'll DM you to get some more details so we can get that fixed up. 

Yay the fix is in and idk if its me but all my Power Apps on all my PBI Reports are loading faster than before

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a separate post but posting to this thread as i've posted here before and it should get some eyes.

New Thread here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Collecting-from-Azure-SQL-Slow-Waiting-TTFB/m...

I am working very hard to narrow down a performance issue with powerapps when collecting data from an Azure SQL DB.  I am using timers to achieve conecurrent requests as detailed in the "Performance Considerations" blog post and collecing from 6x tables. The amount of data is minimal and the Azure SQL Server is overpowered with no queries taking longer to run that 20ms and resources never being remotely strained.  About 60% of the time this collection process takes 1-2 seconds.  The other 40% is wildly un reliable taking up to 20 seconds.  I have been performing network traces through fiddler as well as the Chrome Dev tools and can see each request being sent and the breakdown of time that each part of that request took. ALL the time is spent on Waiting (TTFB) which appears to be something that i have no control over.  The SQL queries run quickly, and it is on top of Azure SQL which should be fully supported and responsive.  Any ideas, i really need help here and am at my last straw with a customer on resolving the issue. I have a case open as well but i am looking to get info from everyone i can. 

The attatched image only took 4+ seconds which is still not good but much better thant he 14, 18, 22 second times that i have seen on a regualr basis.

Hi Diggity, 

I've been doing the same and see exactly the same results as you. Generally its fine, loading the app will take anywhere from 2-10 seconds. However sometimes it will take 30 seconds to over a minute to load the app. I also see that almost ALL of the time is spent waiting when the app is slow to load. For example sometimes I see 1 record 2 column tables take 6-10 seconds to return a response. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,088)