cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Powerapps custom visual for PowerBI running too slow

I'm using the powerApps custom visual for power BI in an embedded power BI report and the powerApp is taking too long to load: Approx. 8 seconds.

But this is only with the power BI report being embedded, if running through the regular power BI service load times are normal (quite fast): Approx. < 1 Second.

I have tested in the Embedded Playground too: still slow,
Tested Different web browsers: no difference

Does anyone know why this might be?

I have reason to believe this only changed recently

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Powerapps custom visual for PowerBI running too slow

Update: it also fails to create a token for the custom visual powerApp

image (3).png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi! I wanted to bump this topic as the issue is not fixed. I'm observing similar behaviour, but loading times are even more drastic for me. The app in PowerApps Custom Visual (v. 2.1.0) takes over 30 seconds to launch!

This is only a Power BI Embedded scenario issue - with app-owns-data authorization, through Service Principal. That seems to be the issue here - the embed token isn't a valid PowerApps user token and can't authenticate to app - and the fallback is implemented, but it's poor. It shouldn't retry for so long.

obraz.png

The behaviour seems to be the token creation is trying to fire 3 times until it "gives up". Seeing 3x 401 errors on

https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net/metadata/customvisuals/createtoken?resourceId=PowerApps_PBI_CV_C29F1DCC_81F5_4973_94AD_0517D44CC0

until it decides to get the token in a different way. But the timeout is set to be for way too long to have a good experience.

Apparently, this timeout happens when it finally launches:

obraz.png

Can you please tweak this authentication behaviour for the embedded scenario?

Highlighted

I'm encountering the same issue. Used the PowerApp visual in PowerBI report - this loads quickly in PowerBI web.

I then embedded the report in Sharepoint. In that environment, the report loads quickly like normal, BUT the PowerApp visual takes over 30 seconds to load.

Really need a fix for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,419)