Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zelgia
Level: Powered On

Powerapps datatable in Sharepoint list

Hello

I have this problem, I have created a list in sharepoint with different collumn (Single line of text, Date and Time, choice and Person or Group), and I have created in Powerapps an application with datatable with this list as data source.

So now If I try to use the function "SortByColumns(Search(Filter" for the collumn with Single line of text it's ok, instead if I try to insert the column: Date and Time, choice and Person or Group I have this error: The function 'Search' has some invalid arguments. Expected text. We expect text at this point in the formula.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gianluca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Powerapps datatable in Sharepoint list

Hey @zelgia 

That is because Search only supports column of type text. To work around which such types of columns, you can add them as Texts fields like:

SortByColumns(Search(AddColumns(Filter(DataSource, Col1 = "Value1"),"LookUpColumn",LookUpColumnName.ColumntoFetch,"ChoiceColumn",ChoiceColumnName.Value),TextInput1.Text,"LookUpColumn","ChoiceColumn"),"ColumntoSort",Ascending)

Here, the expression is adding an extra columns with Name LookUpColumn and Choice Column, which can be fetched in the later expressions.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @zelgia 

That is because Search only supports column of type text. To work around which such types of columns, you can add them as Texts fields like:

SortByColumns(Search(AddColumns(Filter(DataSource, Col1 = "Value1"),"LookUpColumn",LookUpColumnName.ColumntoFetch,"ChoiceColumn",ChoiceColumnName.Value),TextInput1.Text,"LookUpColumn","ChoiceColumn"),"ColumntoSort",Ascending)

Here, the expression is adding an extra columns with Name LookUpColumn and Choice Column, which can be fetched in the later expressions.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

zelgia
Level: Powered On

@yashag2255 

Thanks a lot, yes I think so that for this reason, I will try now

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,506)