cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Re: Powerapps feature not supported in browser

The message will appear for Barcode, Camera, and Microphone controls. These controls will cause a yellow-colored warning banner to show up at the top of the page.

Is that what you see? What is the exact message? It could be a different issue than the one originally reported here.

Caroline
Level: Powered On

@tahoonYes, it is a yellow banner, with the following message:

[app name] uses features that don’t work on a browser. To use it fully, install PowerApps Studio.

I don't use Barcode, Camera or Microphone controls in my app though. As I said, just tables, galleries and forms.

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

@Caroline Thanks for confirming. Are you editing or viewing the app? Also, which platform are you using: the Windows app, iOS app, Android app, or a desktop browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Safari)?

Caroline

@tahoonThanks. We're viewing/running the app on Chrome.

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

I am not sure what is causing the error. That warning should only be shown for those controls mentioned. Verify that the galleries and forms do not contain Camera, Microphone, or Barcode controls.

You can also try removing controls one by one and re-publish the app to find which one is producing the error. Don't worry, you can always revert to an earlier version from the app versions page.

View solution in original post

PeterDonohue

This is still happening for me - Win 10 using Chrome. Don't use any of the above mentioned items - any further news on this?

PeterDonohue

....and this is another one that is not at all solved so should not be marked as such

Caroline

@PeterDonohue Yes, I still haven't found a resolution either.

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

This thread was marked as solved because the reported problem was caused by a graph control. This no longer happens.

If you are still experiencing this warning message, one of the controls could really be incompatible with your browser. The known controls that could show this error are Camera, Barcode, Microphone, and Export controls. Verify again in all screens that these controls are not present. The control tree on the left panel will show all used controls, even if they are hidden behind another control or has Visible=false. Make sure to expand everything, including galleries and form data cards to see if there are any of these controls.

A brute force approach is to try removing controls, publish changes, and see if the warning goes away.

Caroline

@tahoon I still have this error, but have none of the controls you have listed, so it isn't resolved yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,307)