cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjackson144
Advocate I
Advocate I

Powerapps form onsuccess notify message never displays

I have a form with a submit button that is connected to Powerautomate. For the form OnSuccess I added the following:

Notify("Request successfully submitted",NotificationType.Success)

However when I hit the submit button the notification does not appear at the top of the screen. But the form submitted successfully to the SharePoint list because I received an email notification (as part of the PowerAutomate).

I also tried the UpdateContext Method. However, upon submit the Popup never appears.

My goal is to have a message (pop-up or notification) appear upon successful submission. Also a message if the form does not submit.

8 REPLIES 8
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mjackson144 

Are you calling the flow after you submit the form? Are you capturing any response from the Power Automate? If not, try to capture the response from Power Automate back into Power App such as Success or Failed. Use IF condition to check the response and if successful, call the function Notify to show the desired msg. 

Another test: If you are calling Power Automate after submitting the form, try removing the Power Automate call and check OnSuccess is triggering your Notify or not. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

Do you by chance have

Submit(FormName); Back()

or

Submit(FormName); Navigate(Screenname)

This will change the users screen before the OnSuccess for the form runs.

If this is the case then you should have your OnSuccess do the navigation after the notification:

Notify("Request successfully submitted",NotificationType.Success); Back()

or

Notify("Request successfully submitted",NotificationType.Success); Navigate(ScreenName)

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

The submit button is using run(fields that match ask in powerapps for powerautomate). Then OnSuccess for the form is Notify(" Request successfully submitted",NotificationType.Success);ResetForm(Form1)

I think the issue is I am using PowerAutomate to submit my form so it can do other things too like update other lists and send emails.

I am using Powerautomate to submit the form. In my Powerautomate I have all of the "ask in PowerApps" for my fields. Then my submit button is connected to that Powerautomate with the run function and fields.

Would I use the IF statement in the Onsuccess?

@mjackson144 

As you are not submitting the form from Power App but just passing the information to Power Automate, OnSuccess method will not be fired.

The only way to show Notify to the user is capturing the response from Power Automate in the Power App and calling Notify function.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Got it. I am new to PowerApps. So...how do I do this?.. "capturing the response from Power Automate in the Power App and calling Notify function" I thought I was already doing that when the users completed the form from Powerapp.

I appreciate your help.

So I tried to use the respond to Powerapp or Flow function. I added a yes/no success with a true value. I was trying to follow this example https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/return-your-flow-result-powerapps-louay-karout it's exactly what I need but it is not working. Powerapps is not recognizing the syntax in completely. I'm not sure if its because the beginning syntax is to capture the input from the users in Powerapps. Once the item is created in the SharePoint list. PowerAutomate should fire off the notification inside powerapps.

AR_button.Run(dc_agendatitle.Text,dc_agendadetails.Text,dc_agendaduration.Text,dc_agendaoffice.Selected.Value,If(AR_button.success,Notify({Your Request was successfully submitted},notification.type.Success),Notify({Your request failed, please try again},Error)

I'm not sure I called the flow result correctly. In the syntax above I used the name of the Powerautomate (AR_button)

Rivius
Resolver III
Resolver III

Try instead to update a variable with the result of the 'respond to powerapp' flow function and check that for success or failure:

UpdateContext({varFlowResult: AR_button.Run(...)});
If(
    varFlowResult = "Success",
    Notify(
        "Your request successfully submitted!",
        NotificationType.Success,
    ),
    Notify(
        "There was a problem with your submission, please try again or contact the 
  helpdesk.",
        NotificationType.Error,
    )
);

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,983)