cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FuadJabbr
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps form to email

Hi,

Apologies in the first place, if the question unclear or dump. Am new to powerapps.

I have a powerapp app in which I have created a questionnaire.  Some of the questions have further questions based what answer the user provides (used cards). This app is not connected to any data source. There are 2 screens - one for Health and Safety and  another one for Legionella. Both these screens are to be filled.

I thought of using SharePoint as a data source to save the input, but the list of questions are quite too much, specially with 2 different screens and am not sure how it can be done. Also some questions are very long so cant use the question sentence as a field name.

What I want to achieve is that after the user completes the questionnaire and clicks on Save, we need it to either get saved as a PDF or emailed as PDF. or save these answers to a data source. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Am attaching a sample screenshot

2 REPLIES 2
FuadJabbr
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has got a solution to my request above. 

fuzzy_fuzz
Resolver II
Resolver II

Step by step. I would suggest starting by storing all the data that you input on the powerapp on a sharepoint list.

To achieve this create a List with all the fields that you populate from the app. What I do on this scenarios where you have more than one screen to fill, on the last screen I add a Form with all the fields of the Sharepoint list, and link every field to the ones that you have on your app. Finally I turn the Visibility property off, so my interface is my custom text inputs, dropdowns etc. and the  Form that uploads all the data to SP is on the background invisible. With this Form you can create a list item in one step, without patching the list item.

For the PDF convertion there are multiple videos on the topic.

e.g. PowerApps PDF Generator using Microsoft Flow PDF Converter - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,533)