Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps formula fields are all greyed out I can do anything

Hi 🙂

I have recenlty come to face this problem .. I have an app in development and it was working completely fine until it stopped.

I wait for the App to load completely in the browser (the three dots on the browser are gone meaning loading is completed) and then it doesn't matter which property i select for any item on the screen (buttons/gallery/labels, checkboxes etc) the formula input field is greyed out .. I can't do ANYTHING in the app ..

The live app is working the way it is supposed to .. pulls info just fine 

I read a similar post in the forum but there wasn't any working solution .. it just said wait for the app to load completely and i have done that.

Please help out in figuring what to do next  

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Some ideas:

Did you try opening this app on another computer yet?

Have you tried saving, closing then republishing the app?

Also, do you make backup export ZIP files? Can you import a backup file into a new app? Or you can you export right now and reimport into a new app?

Highlighted

Hi @mdevaney 

Yes to all 3 suggestions ..

Sadly the problem still exists ..

I tried my other apps and they all are fine .. it is just this app that i can't edit anything at all

Thanks for your fast response I appreciate it 🙂

Highlighted

@VeraRizvi
Have you tried clearing your browser of all cookies/history and reopening the app?
Have you tried in another browser (Chrome, Firefox,Edge)?
Highlighted

yes i did all that .. its the same on Edge as well .. that was the first thing I tried

Highlighted

@VeraRizvi
Do you use PowerApps Studio Web version or do you use Desktop?
Highlighted

I use web version and chrome is the browser I am using.

Highlighted

@VeraRizvi
It may be time to open a support ticket with Microsoft

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up!
Highlighted

Did that too an hour ago 🙂

hopefully they will respond soon !

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi - did you ever get an answer or a solution to this issue?  I have the same issue and no matter what I do I cannot get the app back to an editable state (exporting, restoring old version, etc).  It is bizarre that this is happening with restored versions from months ago, long before this error every occurred - leads me to believe this must be something to do with a changed authoring version or somthing?

I had this issue a few months ago and raised a ticket with MS - after a couple of days they were still not able to resolve.  I stumbled upon a solution through trial and error which was to export the app, then import it but to a different tenancy.  Save it, then export and re-import it back into our production tenancy.  That "unlocked" whatever was causing the loop or corruption and I was able to continue. 

However, this time, that "workaround" isn't working and I am left with a broken app!  

Anyone with any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,857)