Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD2409_
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps from Dataverse

Hello,

try to initiate a new Powerapp based on a Dataverse Table. If i do this from a Dataverse Template the app is connected and all fileds are inserted and on the right side navigation there is a choice option like Data Source and View.

If i do this from a own created Datavers, there is not such options and the fields are not inserted by default nor i know to connect them.

Who could help me out the get it down on a new app or connect the extisting app with the dataverse table?

Thx best regards

9 REPLIES 9
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Have you tried adding the data connection to the Dataverse table(s) manually in the app?:

BCLS776_0-1637979382397.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
365-Assist
Helper V
Helper V

I found the best way to learn this is viewing You tube videos. Like this one from Shane Young Intro to PowerApps Common Data Service for Canvas Apps - YouTube.

Note: Common Data Service is tha same as Dataverse.

The Connection are all visible at this area, but how could i choice fields frm this?

365-Assist
Helper V
Helper V

You need to manually add additional labels to a gallery. Then give the label Text "thisItem.<fieldname>"

365Assist_0-1637990335309.png

Hi,

i know this Videos, but the following option is not visible

MD2409__0-1637990390424.png

At Minute 22:13 he clicks on a frame in this video and after this click the option appears, how i could insert the "area"?

I know, how i get this plus sign on the right top? I even do not get this in my Dataverse view i created before

365-Assist
Helper V
Helper V

Make sure you using a Form and its DataSource is the Dateverse Table.

365Assist_0-1637991021455.png

Ok but i have different tabeles.
How i connect this Tables in Dataverse?
How i handle the situation if id like to add only one column from a table?

Hi @MD2409_ ,

Since the edit form is one of the primary methods for creating or updating records, it should include every field that you want your users to be able to submit, and shouldn't include any fields that are read-only or the ones you don't want your users to modify.

You could refer to this link to learn more about connect Dataverse in Power Apps:

How to create a canvas app connected to Microsoft Dataverse from scratch - Power Apps | Microsoft Do...

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,071)