Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nours74
Helper II
Helper II

Powerapps locked cant edit any field

Hi,

Since 3-4 hours I cannot edit anymore my app I'm working on since 8-9 months.

I'm working on it several hours per day and also this morning.

After a quick save at midday, after lunch I cannot edit any field anymore.

All the fields are locked, greyed out. The formula bar is not loading any object I clic on it.

I tryed to restore a previous version, same problem.

Tryed with another computer, other browser, same.

I'm getting really scared.

8 REPLIES 8
PowerAddict
Super User II
Super User II

I see you posted this an hour ago, is it still behaving the same way? Also, what happens when you try to create a new app? Don't worry, am almost positive that you will not lose your app. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

I had submited a MS support request after 4hrs did happened and about 30mn afters it was back.

I'm still experiencing very disturbing latences. My app takes 5mn to load in the studio, when I change anything it saves the changes and block the app during the change, whats disturbing is that it takes 20-30sec for each save...

I dont know maybe I've done too much on Powerapps, I've never heard about limitations.

In the diag menu there is nothing about performances or problems, so I dont think I can improve my app...

@v-xida-msft or anyone else from the Microsoft team, can you please take a look at this one? 

Thanks,

Hardit

It's really difficult to work since last week.

The app is stuck in "saving..." for hours, so all fields are greyed out.

After hours then the app is working again but for a short time, randomly after 1 or 4 hours the app will again stuck in "saving...".

The app takes 15mn to open in the Studio, duplicate a screen takes 30mn.

I'm developping an app with formulars, I duplicate the screen for about 18-20 times for each formulars interface.

But since the 15th duplication the app is very very slow and buggy.

Whats strange is that if I restore a previous version with less contents, I have the same issue, so I'm not sure my app is too heavy...

I'm trying to improve it but I have no idea how because everything is clean. There is almost no connectors to external thing except one unique SPlist. I think the problem is that I have thousands of labels/controls and many variables but this is needed for my app.

I have no informations about powerapps "limitations", do we know from where an app is too heavy, too advanced to be managed by powerapps ?

When you say you have 1000 controls, are they all on the same screen? It is advised to not have more than 300 controls, as a best practice. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Don't worry I have thousands of controls but dispatched in 25 screens.

In each screen I maybe have 200-300 controls yes.

I'm trying since yesterday to improve things by replacing controls group with one unique thing, removing most of my variables and make controls depending on if( more and more.

But its very slow... for exemple, I'm trying to open my app since about 1h30, still stuck. The app opens and when I do something its stuck in "please wait", the app is saving for more than an hour....

I have noticed also that when I open the app in the studio, it takes 10-15mn to open and I always have the error asking me to authenticate before accessing the app.

I did some searches on internet and found exact same issues last year for several users, it was due to a temporary incident, fixed by Microsoft.

In my case its during since weeks, and it might explain why I'm experiencing those issues about app loading for hours, saving for hours and getting stucked, it might be due to this azure authentication problem.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Unable-to-obtain-access-token-for-resource/m...

And more to this...

I'm trying to monitor the app with the Powerapps Monitor, but it does nothing. the monitor say I'm connected but 0 item.

I'm moving in the app in play mode, switching things, controls, lists, etc... nothing in the monitor.

I'm using the last MS Edge chrome, tryed also with google chrome and IE...

I'm cursed...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,505)