Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil_NPO
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps <> sharepoint list permissions

Good morning, 

first I have to mention that my job has nothing to do with software development or anything like that. So I'm a beginner.

We designed a powerapp that works fine with a sharepoint list. Because of too little knowledge we later realized that users got permission to the whole sharepoint site of the group, like Onedrive files and something like that. 

We need two permission levels:

1. all users of the company need to use the powerapp, which searches for a single item by scanning a barcode und after that it needs to update the number of pieces (like a inventory).

2. a couple of users need permission to edit all items fully (normal group permissions)

Does anybody knows a solution for this?

Maybe add read/write permission only to the sharepoint list, nothing else, no onedrive files and so on. 

Or can we move the sharepoint list to a special place and add a new view for normal users, that only can update the number of pieces?

What would happen with the powerapp when we move the database? Do I need to edit all datacards again?

Thanks for helping

Phil

4 REPLIES 4
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Good Morning @Phil_NPO 

Here is useful video talks about Setting Unique SharePoint List Item Level Permissions   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6cC65YwjSI 

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Phil_NPO 

Is the answer helpful ?

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I try to understand the video and try it out. Thanks a lot. If this helps, I will give you a "Thumbs Up" and accept it as the solution

Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Phil_NPO 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,520)