cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattbrice
Level: Powered On

Powerapps no longer automatically recalculating/refreshing

My apps no longer "auto re-calculate" like they used to. For example, i have a popup that adds an entry to a SharePoint list.  When i close the popup, the gallery that displays all the entries used to "recalc" and show the new entery.  Now it does not.  Same for other things. I had an icon that when pressed changed the text in a label.  It no longer does so.    Has there been a change in Powerapps?   Is there some new setting that i am not aware of that changes the behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattbrice

Re: Powerapps no longer automatically recalculating/refreshing

Turns out it was my mistake.  I enabled the experimental feature "User longer data cache timeout and background refresh" which caused those issues. I unchecked and re-published and the app is back to expected.  Thanks for responding.

Matthew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mattbrice ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

How do you patch your data to your SP list within your Pop-up? Using Patch function?

Please consider refresh your data source after patching your data to your SP List using the following formula:

Refresh('YourSPList')

For your second question, how do you chnage the text in a Label, could you please share more details about the formula?

As an fixed solution, you could consider re-create a new app based on your SP List, then try your formula again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mattbrice

Turns out it was my mistake.  I enabled the experimental feature "User longer data cache timeout and background refresh" which caused those issues. I unchecked and re-published and the app is back to expected.  Thanks for responding.

Matthew

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,127)