cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardosanchezm Advocate II
Advocate II

Powerapps studio freezes when adding a DataTable with Sharepoint attachments

Hi Folks,

We have a powerapp which I have been requested to make some update in the detail screens. When accesing them from preview mode in powerapps studio the screen get freeze. We have made no updates until now to it or the datasource. Making some testing removing some controls I found the issue is a DataTable in it. This DataTable is populated from the attachments of a sharepoint list. The strange is that if we publish the powerapp and access to it trough any web browser or in Microsoft Teams it works perfectly. I have clone the App to another environment to remove and adding the connectrs again but the issue continues (only in powerapps studio).

The formula of the items property of the gallery (GallerySoportesCompra_7) is this

Filter(Requisiciones_soportes_compra;RequisicionID = RequisicionBrowseGallery.Selected.ID)

The formula of items property of the DataTable (SoportesCompraTable_7) is the next one

GallerySoportesCompra_7.Selected.'{Attachments}'

And the onselect property is the following

Launch(Concatenate(SoportesCompraTable_7.Selected.AbsoluteUri;"?web=1"))

I followed this info to populate the DataTable with the attachments links 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Open-attachment-Powerapps-custom-form-SharePo...

If you need some additional information please let me know.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate II

Re: Powerapps studio freezes when adding a DataTable with Sharepoint attachments

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

Suddenly today it began working normally and the issue is no more there.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps studio freezes when adding a DataTable with Sharepoint attachments

Hi @ricardosanchezm ,

I just tested with the same configuration and I cannot reproduce your issue. I'm using IE11 and Windows PowerApps studio.  Where did you encounter the issue? If it's in Windows studio, please try to change another default web browser for your windows and test. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Advocate II

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

I have tested with IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera cleaning cookies and cache and the issue continues. I share you some screenshots.

Here I enter to my detail screen in preview mode in powerapps studio and then it freezes and it seems to try to load the info from my sharepoint connector.

studio_preview_mode.PNG

When I exit the preview mode the issue persists and some toolbars of powerapps studio disappear (for example the tree view). 

studio.PNG

But if we test the published App from Teams or any web browser (not from powerapps studio) it works perfectly.

browser.PNGteams.PNG

I have try to recreate the screen from zero but the issue persists when adding the DataTable "Soportes de compra".

Regards,

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ricardosanchezm ,

In your first formula:

Filter(Requisiciones_soportes_compra;RequisicionID = RequisicionBrowseGallery.Selected.ID)

Are you using nested gallery here? If so, please test with a sing gallery directly and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Advocate II

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

No nested gallery is being used. In this screen I have 2 forms, 1 gallery and 1 DataTable. These controls are into separate DataCards. The issue happens when adding the DataTable. This was working perfectly inside powerapps studio about 1 month ago but suddenly stop working.

Regards,

Advocate II

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

Suddenly today it began working normally and the issue is no more there.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,078)