Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps timezone with Excel

Hi

My powerapps is connected to an excel file in sharepoint. For each time entered there is a decay of 2 hours. I searched everywhere for this problem, set timezone of sharepoint and powerapps to europe (PARIS) , but nothing change.

Capture d’écran (13).png

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Powerapps timezone with Excel

What you are seeing is a mismatch in how Excel "thinks" of date/time values, and how PowerApps does. In Excel, date/time values represent an absolute value of time: October 4th 2018, 8:00AM will be 8 AM on 2018-10-04 regardless of whether the time is seen in France, Canada or Australia. In PowerApps, date/time values represent a point in time: if you're in France (currently UTC+0200) and say 2018-10-04 08:00:00, I'm in Seattle (UTC-0700) and see the value as 2018-10-03 23:00:00. So you have this mismatch when trying to use date/times from Excel in PowerApps.

The blog post at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-datetime-values-in-sql/ has more details about this issue, and a way to convert between the Excel time and PowerApps time. It was written about datetime columns in SQL, but this is the same issue that is affecting Excel.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

OK. I have 4 hours to complete with a date set with a time picker and 8 dropdowns (4 for the hours: hour1, hour2,.... and 4 for minutes: minute1, minute2,...). I build the 4 hours with Date+Hour1+minute1, Date+Hour2+minute2,...

Do I need to patch Datetime value for each datacardvalue or when submitted ?

Patch(
    '[dbo].[tablename]',
    selectedRecord,
    {
        AbsoluteTimeValue:
            Text(
              DatePicker1.SelectedDate +
                  Time(
                      Value(dropDownHour1.Selected.Value),
                      Value(dropDownMinute1.Selected.Value),
                      0),
              "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss")
    })

In this example, there is only one datetime to patch. What will be the code for the 4 datetimes ?

Thank you a lot for help because there are few help for this.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @JimNoredlac have you reviewed the blog post supplied by @CarlosFigueira? If that post does not provide the help you need, please reply back so we can assist. 

Thank you.

@Anonymous

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,082)