cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps timezone with Excel

Hi

My powerapps is connected to an excel file in sharepoint. For each time entered there is a decay of 2 hours. I searched everywhere for this problem, set timezone of sharepoint and powerapps to europe (PARIS) , but nothing change.

Capture d’écran (13).png

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Powerapps timezone with Excel

What you are seeing is a mismatch in how Excel "thinks" of date/time values, and how PowerApps does. In Excel, date/time values represent an absolute value of time: October 4th 2018, 8:00AM will be 8 AM on 2018-10-04 regardless of whether the time is seen in France, Canada or Australia. In PowerApps, date/time values represent a point in time: if you're in France (currently UTC+0200) and say 2018-10-04 08:00:00, I'm in Seattle (UTC-0700) and see the value as 2018-10-03 23:00:00. So you have this mismatch when trying to use date/times from Excel in PowerApps.

The blog post at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-datetime-values-in-sql/ has more details about this issue, and a way to convert between the Excel time and PowerApps time. It was written about datetime columns in SQL, but this is the same issue that is affecting Excel.

Highlighted
JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

OK. I have 4 hours to complete with a date set with a time picker and 8 dropdowns (4 for the hours: hour1, hour2,.... and 4 for minutes: minute1, minute2,...). I build the 4 hours with Date+Hour1+minute1, Date+Hour2+minute2,...

Do I need to patch Datetime value for each datacardvalue or when submitted ?

Patch(
    '[dbo].[tablename]',
    selectedRecord,
    {
        AbsoluteTimeValue:
            Text(
              DatePicker1.SelectedDate +
                  Time(
                      Value(dropDownHour1.Selected.Value),
                      Value(dropDownMinute1.Selected.Value),
                      0),
              "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss")
    })

In this example, there is only one datetime to patch. What will be the code for the 4 datetimes ?

Thank you a lot for help because there are few help for this.

TopShelf-MSFT Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @JimNoredlac have you reviewed the blog post supplied by @CarlosFigueira? If that post does not provide the help you need, please reply back so we can assist. 

Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Attending MBAS? Claim your badge

Whether you’re streaming the digital event live, or watching on-demand, claim your attendee badge to sport on your profile.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We're launching a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Emergency Response & Monitoring Solution

Microsoft has created a regional government emergency response and monitoring solution that is built on Power Apps and Power BI.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,377)