cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

Powerapps timezone with Excel

Hi

My powerapps is connected to an excel file in sharepoint. For each time entered there is a decay of 2 hours. I searched everywhere for this problem, set timezone of sharepoint and powerapps to europe (PARIS) , but nothing change.

Capture d’écran (13).png

Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Powerapps timezone with Excel

What you are seeing is a mismatch in how Excel "thinks" of date/time values, and how PowerApps does. In Excel, date/time values represent an absolute value of time: October 4th 2018, 8:00AM will be 8 AM on 2018-10-04 regardless of whether the time is seen in France, Canada or Australia. In PowerApps, date/time values represent a point in time: if you're in France (currently UTC+0200) and say 2018-10-04 08:00:00, I'm in Seattle (UTC-0700) and see the value as 2018-10-03 23:00:00. So you have this mismatch when trying to use date/times from Excel in PowerApps.

The blog post at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-datetime-values-in-sql/ has more details about this issue, and a way to convert between the Excel time and PowerApps time. It was written about datetime columns in SQL, but this is the same issue that is affecting Excel.

JimNoredlac Helper I
Helper I

OK. I have 4 hours to complete with a date set with a time picker and 8 dropdowns (4 for the hours: hour1, hour2,.... and 4 for minutes: minute1, minute2,...). I build the 4 hours with Date+Hour1+minute1, Date+Hour2+minute2,...

Do I need to patch Datetime value for each datacardvalue or when submitted ?

Patch(
    '[dbo].[tablename]',
    selectedRecord,
    {
        AbsoluteTimeValue:
            Text(
              DatePicker1.SelectedDate +
                  Time(
                      Value(dropDownHour1.Selected.Value),
                      Value(dropDownMinute1.Selected.Value),
                      0),
              "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss")
    })

In this example, there is only one datetime to patch. What will be the code for the 4 datetimes ?

Thank you a lot for help because there are few help for this.

TopShelf-MSFT Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @JimNoredlac have you reviewed the blog post supplied by @CarlosFigueira? If that post does not provide the help you need, please reply back so we can assist. 

Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,541)